Port and Vessel Agency Services
Vessel and Port agencies form a large part of Supermaritime Group’s service offering and we are proud to offer our customers first class vessel and port agency services at cost effective fees and favorable local charges. With a strong local presence in the various countries, the Supermaritime group handles over 3000 vessel and port agencies per year.
Over the years, we have built strong relationships with port authorities and cargo interests to ensure the smooth and timely berthing and dispatch of principals’ vessels. Our professional, experienced and qualified management and operations staff are trained to have a proactive and forward thinking approach. This ensures that potential problems are anticipated and acted upon before they can escalate.
Our service starts with offering you a fast and accurate reply on your Pro Forma Disbursement Account request. Supermaritime’s local office will inform you on up-to-date port conditions, berth restrictions, local port regulations, important local weather influences, load and discharge methods , estimated duration of the port call and a competitive estimation of port and cargo expenses. The Supermaritime agency control tower in our global operations office in Rotterdam will monitor the services and operations.
As your nominated agents our local offices will provide:
- Competitive Disbursement Accounts, accurate Pro-Forma D/A’s
- Permanent assistance to the master and crew during operations and facilitating dealing with all parties involved with regular visits on-board
- Continuous 24/7 reporting to the operators/owners on cargo/vessel operations progress and updated ETC / ETD
- Fastest turnaround time by clear coordination and evaluation with port and cargo operators
- Cost-aware purchasing and responsiveness to achieving port costs savings
- Expertise in all vessel types and the various operations in both tramp and liner services trades
- Receiving and attending cargo claims on behalf of our Principals
- Transparent overview of expenses made on your behalf during the port call
- Expedient Financial Closure of your Port Calls
As a vessel owner and /or operator / manager, you cannot always appoint your preferred agency. You might not receive the assistance and feedback from the charterer’s agents that are forced upon yourselves.
In these cases our offices can protect your interests by providing you with the assistance where the appointed port agents may fail you.
By appointing us as your protecting agents we will:
- Report on updates on ETA/ETB/ETC and daily cargo operations and issuing SOF
- Provide the usual scope of husbandry agency services
- Assist the master and operator in obtaining the fastest turnaround
- Verify and take charge of the administrative and financial matters: on request we can pay on your behalf and verify PDA and FDA of the charterer’s agent on correctness and completeness